The best practice to import historic data is by sending a CSV file to your Solutions Engineerfirstname.lastname@example.org or using Kahuna APIs if your contract allows you to.
Things to remember:
- Data export is for each app (each app has 2 exports - one for iOS and other for Android)
Here are the requirements for each platform:
Required: token + Apple bundle ID
Optional: email, attributes (ex: subscription type, dates), events (articles read, # logins)
Optional: user credential, email, attributes (ex: subscription type, dates), events (articles read, # logins)
- Best practices:
1. Data should be formatted for parsing (clean comma separators)
2. For us to process imports, it will take 2 weeks. Therefore to make sure there's the most seamless migration, we would recommend a gradual migration over a few weeks.
- Make sure your CSV column fields match your attribute and event names in your integration blueprint.
- Only use lower case letters. For example: "Username" should be "username" in CSV.
- Column fields should not contain space instead use underscore "_" . For example: Last Login should be formatted to last_login.
- Date values should be formatted to YYYY-MM-DD like 2016-12-31.
An example of CSV file is shown below:
Note: Kahuna does not have a UI for importing data.
For more questions contact email@example.com